- 1 lb. of your favorite medium size pasta
- 4 oz. organic butter.
- 1/2 cup organic un-bleached white flour
- 3 cup Organic Whole Milk
- 1 cup Organic Heavy Cream
- 2 cups of grated Organic Sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup of crumbled Organic Gorgonzola
- 2 cups of grated Organic Monterey Jack
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. tabasco
- Steve’s Akaka Falls Farm Smoked Pineapple Jam
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter baking dish. (Any size baking dish or dishes that you desire)
- Grate all cheeses and divide into 3 piles.
- Warm milk and cream in sauce pan over low heat. (Do not boil)
- Bring a large pot of sea salted water to a boil.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over Medium heat.
- Add in flour to butter and whisk constantly for 5 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in warmed milk and cream mixture very, very slowly. Whisking constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and add 1/3 of grated cheese to sauce mixture, sea salt, pepper and tabasco.
- Add dried pasta to boiling water and cook for 4 minutes.
- Strain pasta and add to sauce mixture. Combine well.
- Layer in baking dish. Pasta mixture, grated cheese, pasta mixture and last grated cheese on top.
- Drop spoonfuls of Smoked Pineapple Jam to top of Mac and Cheese.
- Bake 325 degrees for 12 minutes. Do not over Bake! You basically just want to melt all the cheese.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
– recipe courtesy of: l-alexandrea.com Food Blog