- 8 oz. organic butter, softened
- 4 oz. Steve’s Akaka Falls Farm Macadamia Nut Butter
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure organic vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 ounce bag of organic semi-sweet chocolate chips, for melting
- Course Sea Salt, for sprinkling
- In a mixing bowl combine organic butter, Macadamia Nut Butter, organic vanilla and organic sugar. Mix with paddle attachment on low until just combined.
- Sift organic flour and then measure out 3 1/2 cups. Stir together organic flour and sea salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture 1/2 cup at a time. Mix on low until combined between each flour addition.
- Turn dough onto floured board and shape into a flat disk. Add dough to bowl and over bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flour board and roll dough to 1/2 inch thick and cut into desired shape.
- Place on un-greased baking sheet and bake for 23 minutes, until edges begin to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool and add organic chocolate chips to double boiler to melt. Stir slowly until smooth.
- Dip one side of cookies in chocolate and place on natural parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle with a little course sea salt before chocolate hardens.
- Finish hardening chocolate in refrigerator. Once hardened place in glass Pyrex container and store in refrigerator.
- Cookies best served cold.
– recipe courtesy of: l-alexandrea.com Food Blog