- 3 slices of Organic Bacon, diced
- 2 small organic shallots, diced
- 1/2 cup fine chopped Organic Onion
- 2 ounces of Steve’s Akaka Falls Farm Calamondin Ginger Jam
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 1 cup Organic Whole Milk
- 1 cup Organic Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 lbs. grated Gruyere cheese
- handful of Italian Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 Organic Whole Wheat Pie Crust
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute bacon and shallots on medium heat until bacon in slightly crunchy.
- Drain off extra bacon fat and add Calamondin Ginger Jam and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sea-salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Put pie crust pan on a sheet pan to prevent spillage.
- Layer bacon mixture, raw onion, cheese, bacon mixture, raw onion and cheese in pie crust.
- Reserve a couple spoonfuls of bacon for later.
- Gently pour in egg mixture to top rim of crust.
- Bake 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or knife comes out clean. Do not over Bake!
- Let Quiche cool for 10 minutes and serve with bacon crumbles and chopped parsley.
– recipe courtesy of: l-alexandrea.com Food Blog