- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 medium yellow onions diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/2 jar of Steve’s Akaka Falls Hawaiian Pepper Passion Fruit Jam
- chopped red onion, for serving
- grated cheddar cheese, for serving
- saltine crackers, for serving
Heat up large soup pot over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Add the olive oil for 20 seconds. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the ground beef to the pot and break it apart with a wooden spoon.
Cook for 6 minutes, until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
Add the chili powder, ground cumin, sea salt, and corn flour. Stir until combined.
Add the broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and drained beans. Stir well.
Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the half bottle of pepper jam for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the pot from the heat and serve with shredded Cheddar, chopped onions, and saltine crackers.
– recipe courtesy of: l-alexandrea.com Food Blog